The content of this website/podcast (www.emstud.com, emstud.edublogs.org) is intended for educational purposes only. By accessing and browsing this website/podcast, you are giving your voluntary agreement and acceptance to the following terms. If you do not accept the following terms, please immediately discontinue use of this website/podcast.
1) Information presented on this website/podcast is the opinion of the authors and contributors and is not intended to provide medical advice. In no way should this website/podcast be used to as an alternative to the evaluation of a healthcare professional in the assessment or treatment of injuries or illnesses. In no way will the use of this website/podcast be construed as a physician-patient relationship. No guarantee is made regarding the accuracy or completeness of any statements. If you have a personal health concern or are concerned regarding the well-being of a friend, family member, or other individual, you are strongly encouraged to seek medical advice from a licensed healthcare provider. This website/podcast is not be used to influence the decision to seek actual medical care.
2) Information presented on this website/podcast is intended to provide information which may be helpful to medical students in career planning and residency applications. It is not intended to be a substitute for formal mentoring and/or replace academic guidance provided by medical schools or other professionals. No guarantee can be made that following the advice on this website/podcast will result in a favorable match result or satisfaction in your ultimate career decision. While this website/podcast is intended to provide reasonable guidance and advice, the authors/contributors will not be held liable for any misinformation or misinterpretation of information presented.
3) This website/podcast is not to be used in any legal capacity, such as in determining standard of care or in serving as a basis for expert testimony.
4) Views and ideas expressed are solely those of the authors/contributors and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of SAEM, CDEM, or other author/contributor employers and/or university and health system affiliations.
5) To ensure that this website/podcast continues to meet the goal of providing relevant, thought-provoking information of interest to medical students pursuing a career in emergency medicine, all comments will be reviewed. Content may be freely omitted or removed if deemed inappropriate or offensive. Comments posted to this website/podcast are deemed public information and may be used for further publication.
6) In order to ensure patient privacy standards, no identifiable information from actual patients will be intentionally posted on this website. If any potentially identifiable information is submitted, it will be removed.
7) Under no circumstances will the authors/contributors of this website/podcast be responsible for any damages arising from the use of this website.
8) Users of this website/podcast may freely subscribe or unsubscribe at any time. Personal information, including e-mail addresses, will not be shared with any 3rd parties.
9) The authors and contributors to this website/podcast reserve any and all intellectual property rights over material presented.
10) No information on this website/podcast will be intentionally reproduced without appropriate source consent, however, if such material is found please contact the authors so that this can be corrected.
Any references to or recommendations of websites, products, or services are done for educational purposes as well. This website/podcast does not generate any revenue, however any future financial relationships will be disclosed.